Tuesday 22 April 2014

Layla's first packed lunch


Today has been a strange day and by that I mean, I feel like we didn't do anything but at the same time felt like I didn't have enough hours to get everything done. This is mainly because it was the last day if the school holidays and so I had to make sure everything was ready for tomorrow. We did go out for a while, we went to see my nan (the girls great nan) for a while and had to run some errands while we were out but nothing exciting. We had some homework to finish up and I had to make sure uniforms where all ironed and ready including PE kits. I scrubbed Courtney lunchbox out (again) I hate that lunch box smell but I can never seem to prevent it, anyone reading this with any tips please let me know I would be eternally grateful :) Then the time came to make the lunches and making Layla's very first packed lunch got me a little emotional. I'm not sure why maybe because my baby is growing up or maybe because she was so excited about it herself. She picked out it contents herself, a ham sandwich, strawberries and a vanilla yoghurt, with a summer fruits drink to wash it all down. She loved the whole process of picking out what she wanted, I'm sure the novelty will wear away very quickly. But for now she is so excited and it makes me so happy to see her so confident in herself. She has her first full day at nursery tomorrow and isn't in the  slightest bit nervous or anxious about it, she is eager to get going and I hope that drive stays with her as she grows through her school years. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring for me without her and Courtney but at least it will give me the chance to catch up on some chores I've been putting off for a while. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww thats so lovely, I know that when I had my first ever packed lunch about 18 years ago, my mum and dad took a photo of it, i think it was because it was such a big occasion if that makes sense.

    A few tips for the lunch box smell, Is freeze it over night (as it would kill bacteria in the box) Only if the box can be frozen,
    You can have some warm lemon in it and Baking soda and leave it for a few hours. These get rid of smells and also are meant to clean it out as well.

    I hope this helps Love reading your blog.

    sophiegoodswin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much, great tips I will try then out, I really hate the lunchbox smell so will literally try anything to prevent it. Aww thankyou that so nice I'm glad you enjoy reading the blog, I hope you continue enjoying it as time goes by :)

    ReplyDelete